"And the prayer [that is] of faith will save him who is sick,
and the Lord will restore him" -- James 5:15


About Me

My photo
I am the single momma of two wonderful children, Cheyenne and Cory...I sacrifice everything that I can to make sure they are happy and healthy. We have traveled some tough roads throughout our lives but we are stronger and wiser for it. I thank God everyday for the opportunity to be their momma...I am very blessed...

10.30.2010

Still Waiting....

October 30, 2010

He is teaching us patience, all of us....


Well, here I sit....again at 3:00 am on Saturday morning. My apologizes again for the time span in between the entries. There is little change in Cory but I needed to update you on what has been happening.

The doctors have stopped his sedation and all pain meds. Cory is slowly, slowly waking up. We have removed all catheters and now we have two IV's and a PIC line. A PIC line is like a catheter but it is inserted into the arm around the elbow. It runs up the arm around his shoulder and into the chest. They inserted this type of entry because it was easier access than the catheter in his groin. He had to be sedated for this procedure so that set us back several hours on his waking up. But always keep in mind this is Cory and he is leading the show. You will think one thing but he shows you another. We are still playing the waiting game but like I said, he is making small, small baby steps to some improvement. I am very guarded now on the enthusiasm I feel about these steps he is making. Don't get me wrong, I very extremely overjoyed and would like to do cartwheels and yell from the highest rooftop but I am just too scared. Throughout this journey, Cory has made improvements only to have a setback. It was devastating to hear these reports from the doctors...it was literally a cold hand of fear reaching into my chest and squeezing my heart and it felt like I could not breath.You sit there and your world starts to spin and you just want to get off but where do you go? It happened twice these past ten days and if it happened again, I don't know if I could bear it. I just keep the faith that all of our prayers are being heard by the Lord above and He will give us what we have been asking for...


Butterflies....

Thank you all for sending the butterfly cards! The morning after I posted about Jennifer's comment on my blog, we received a huge stack of butterfly cards! It felt so good to see all the butterflies come in. When I was looking around Cory's room to see where I could put them, I really stopped and looked for the first time at the cards he has already received. Out of roughly 25 cards we had received, 20 were butterflies....God had been here all along bringing prayers to Cory for his healing...what a wonderful feeling! Thank you again for taking time out of your day to send my little boy these cards of faith....


Overwhelmed....

I want to thank everyone who has sent texts, messages, emails, Facebook messages or called or sent gifts to us. It is very overwhelming and humbling to receive all the prayers, love and tremendous support you are sending us from El Campo. I want to apologize for not returning your messages or calls but I want to let you know I appreciate you taking time out of your lives to think about us and saying a prayer for Cory. Sometimes it takes a crisis to realize just how lucky and blessed we are to live in a small town.

I also want to thank you to all the people who see or has seen Cory on a daily basis...his teachers, aides, secretaries and principals at First Presbyterian, Myatt, Hutchins and St. Philip CCE Class. I received an email from a friend, Sheryl Thonsgaard, the other day and she reminded me there are others going through the same pain we are going through as well. In our fast pace lives, I forget about all the people Cory comes in contact with during his day and how he spreads his love and joy there as well. Thank you for loving my sweet boy...your pain is my pain as well. I am fighting so hard to heal him and bring him home to you as well...don't give up on him, he is a fighter and I know in my heart, he will be healed and returned to us so he can continue to share his gifts God gave him at birth...he will be a testimony to God's love...I feel that in my heart and soul.

I would like to ask one thing...please include all the children here at Texas Children's Hospital in your prayers. There are children here that are sicker than our Cory and I know if all of our pray warriors pray for these children, more miracles will be seen here...


So I will close this entry tonight and yes, it is now 4:30 in the morning....it is quiet and peaceful now...with the only sound heard is my tapping of the keys on my laptop, the snores of tired parents and the occasional whap-whap-whap of a helicopter bringing another child here for a miracle...