"And the prayer [that is] of faith will save him who is sick,
and the Lord will restore him" -- James 5:15


About Me

My photo
I am the single momma of two wonderful children, Cheyenne and Cory...I sacrifice everything that I can to make sure they are happy and healthy. We have traveled some tough roads throughout our lives but we are stronger and wiser for it. I thank God everyday for the opportunity to be their momma...I am very blessed...

10.26.2010

Cautiously Optimistic.....

This post was actually supposed to be before the changes post....bear with me please....

October 24, 2010


We started the day with a visit from Dr. Stevens. She said we have a good report. Cory’s levels of plasma were looking good. His pressures were good and all his responses were normal. We like these short reports. She said we would get together at noon for our next consult.
We then were surprised by a visit from Jennifer Kollja and Jill Mach and they came bearing gifts. Jennifer’s little boy Colton, had made Cory a Halloween basket because Cory would not be able to go trick or treating while still in the hospital. He put some scary monsters, candy and a book. Jennifer said he put it in there because his mommy could read to him. He said just because he is asleep, he could still hear her voice and he is right. Jill and Holden, her son, picked out things to decorate Cory’s room for Halloween and Holden sent a little pumpkin, that’s because a big one wouldn’t fit. They also brought Casa!! and some tea from Mikeska’s…mmmmm, both were so good for breakfast. I am so blessed to have friends like them. After breakfast, Mom, Jill and Jennifer, forced me to leave the hospital and go for a walk around the block. I did not want to leave the 3rd floor. I knew Cory would be in good hands but I didn’t want to go. I ended up going for the walk because I figured three against one, I would sooo lose. I have to admit, it did feel good to get outside and not think about the issues we are dealing with. It felt good to have a conversation that didn’t involve pressures or white cells or chemo. At one point, I did allow myself to think about tomorrow for a brief time but I pulled myself back to the present.
We returned upstairs and just hung around the waiting room. We had different people visit throughout the day and there was no changes. At our noon consult, the doctors said all his numbers looked good and we were still shooting for a Wednesday or Thursday timeframe for bring Cory out of sedation. They just want to give him more time for his body to heal and regain strength. Dr. Thompson said if we have a good 24 hours, we will have rounded the corner. We were hopeful but after the last scare, we didn't celebrate that much.

I was again "kidnapped" and taken out of the hospital. It was decided I am not eating enough and I was going to be taken to eat more than just an 8-pack from Chik-fil-a. I thought we were going a few blocks away but as we continued to drive, we went further. I started to have a panic attack...why are you continuing to drive....I can't go this far....what if he needs me? I almost crawled out of the door in the middle of traffic. I just wanted to get back to my baby!! We went inside to eat and a few minutes later, I received a text from Wesley saying he was at the hospital. Only then was I able to relax. I did eat something and felt a little better. We made it back to the hospital and there wasn't any changes. We had more afternoon visitors. We waited for the evening consult with the doctors but they didn't make it. We decided to go back to McDonald's house for showers and a good night's sleep. We were cautiously optimistic that things were getting better and again, we should have known better.....