"And the prayer [that is] of faith will save him who is sick,
and the Lord will restore him" -- James 5:15


About Me

My photo
I am the single momma of two wonderful children, Cheyenne and Cory...I sacrifice everything that I can to make sure they are happy and healthy. We have traveled some tough roads throughout our lives but we are stronger and wiser for it. I thank God everyday for the opportunity to be their momma...I am very blessed...

11.03.2010

Father and Son....

November 3, 2010

Father and son...you hear those words and immediately think best buddies for life. A circle of life that is very special and sacred...



As I start this post tonight, I am in Cory's room and his father is kneeling by his son's bed. I have been very selfish these past 15 days and have only thought of my hurt and my pain and forget that Cory has another parent suffering on this journey.

When Cory was little but not too little, he would come in every morning and tell his dad to get up, it was time to go to work. While Wesley would get dressed, I would help Cory get dressed. We would put on his Wrangler jeans, work shirt, work boots and a cap. He would have his bag of tractors and they would load up, wave by and take off for the farm.

Wesley would come home and tell me stories of what they had done and how much fun they would have. He was Wesley's little shadow and his mini-me. They would also be joined by Wesley's dad, Bug...please don't ask me why they called his dad that...I have asked but was not given an answer. His real name is Gail but I will always know him as Bug. Those three were always together, three generations of Morton men being outside...being together...passing on the things that men pass on. Every time I would see those three together, I felt such joy and I know they felt the same way.

I know Wesley and Bug are hurting...as a parent, you never want to see your child in pain and as a grandparent, it is even harder, you have to see your child and your grandchild in pain...I have seen these two strong men cry...crying over dreams that might be lost, crying because the pain is to much to bear, crying because of the unknown...but don't give up on our little man, Cory has that Morton strength, that Morton determination, that Morton hard-headedness...he will find a way to come back to us all...I have faith....



There will always be the circle of life where we pass on what we have learned to our children....Cory is passing on what he has learned in life to us, his family and his friends....to love with no boundaries, always have a sunny outlook and a smile, always be constantly on the move and to learn as much as you can about life and what is in it...take these lessons and embrace them and make them a part of your soul...




              The wolf will live with the lamb,
                 the leopard will lie down with the goat,
              the calf and the lion and the yearling together;
                 and a little child will lead them.

                                    ---Isaiah 11:6